martes, mayo 25, 2010

One-Step Bitly URL Shortening from the Address Bar

One-Step Bitly URL Shortening from the Address Bar: "



Recently I had a chance to spend some quality time with the folks at Bitly, getting to know more about their terrific service. There's a wealth of data there if you dig in. Not all of my Twitter clients integrate with the Bitly API yet, but I find myself seeking out apps that do allow me to enter my account info since it gives me rich analytics and (hopefully) insights into how I can be more effective.

If you like Bitly, here's a killer tip that Andrew Coen, Bitly's co-founder, recently shared with our team. You can actually shorten a link in just one step right from the address bar in any browser, even a mobile one. All you need to do is either enter 'j.mp/' or 'bit.ly/' before the address of the page you're on and Bitly will then automatically shorten it for you. What's more, if you're logged into Bitly and it's integrated with your Twitter account, you can tweet right off the page it refers you to.

This has been a real time saver for me and also has me using their service even more.





Permalink

| Leave a comment  »



"

No hay comentarios: